Practical advice, expert industry analysis and the latest news from the world of design and development.
Cyber Security Briefing Paper 2: Closing the Security Gap
As a continuation of our thought leadership programme, we invited senior people from companies based in Bristol and the South West to come together and reveal the techniques they use around cyber security
In this second briefing paper, we discuss how organisations can protect themselves. There are many things to consider and sometimes making the right decision is quite difficult.
In this report, we examine how to:
- Use penetration testing to identify software vulnerabilities
- Integrate security processes into new and updated software applications
- Utilise certification bodies for guidance around security
Cyber Security: Briefing Paper 1
No other topic has dominated the boardroom agenda as consistently as cyber security in recent years. Concerns about the security of IT infrastructure and applications have grown steadily alongside organisations’ increasing reliance on these systems.
In the first of our cyber security briefing papers, we ask our selected organisations how they take steps to protect their organisation’s reputation and day-to-day productivity.
In this report we:
- Outline the different types of phishing techniques
- How malicious parties can exploit supplier trust
- Examine how the human factor can be an advantage around cyber security
Networks and Partnerships for Sustainability: Briefing Paper
Earlier this year, we invited senior people from companies based in Bristol and the South West to come together and share how they use data to aid them with sustainability targets.
In the last of our three sustainability briefing papers, we ask our selected organisations to discuss the various networks and partnerships available within the sustainability space.
There is a multitude of sustainability routes available to organisations, and it’s not always clear which one to choose.
In this report, we:
- Look at how to source businesses that share your sustainability values.
- Suggest ways of creating sustainability led internal culture.
- Provide a handy network sustainability resource guide to get you started.
Funding for Sustainability Briefing Paper
In the second of our three briefing papers around sustainability, we ask our selected organisations to discuss their experiences around sourcing incentives and gaining finance to implement their sustainability plans.
With sustainability becoming a top-of-mind concern for individuals, organisations and governments alike, there are increasing ways of accessing funding for sustainability-related projects.
In this report, we cover how:
- Sustainability and efficiency are inextricably linked.
- To navigate the confusing government funding landscape.
- Partnership working can increase funding and learning opportunities.
- To source cost-saving schemes at a local as well as national level.
- How to measure and report on your sustainability impacts to help gain more funding.
- To use incentives to motivate customers and suppliers.
The latest news and industry insights, straight to your inbox
Here are some of the people you might meet.
Jake McKenna, Technical Consultant
Jake started at Ghyston in 2014 as a developer and has had a variety of roles including support engineer, technical sales consultant, and now project manager. He loves working closely with customers to understand their businesses and figure out how we can use technology to help them achieve their goals.
“It’s always great when we’re able to talk to a customer, understand their problem, and then make a quick change to our code that saves them hours of work each day. Being able to use technology to solve real problems for people is what I love about my job.”See a project Jake has worked on >